Wednesday, April 16, 2008

15 month check-up

We went yesterday for Brody's 15 month check-up. He did really well. He weighed 28 lb 91/2 oz. (92nd percentile) he was 33.5 inches long (97th percentile) and his head was 49cm (92nd percentile). The nurse just laughed and said, "well at least he's big all over." Brody has been going through this phase for a while where he doesn't like men that he doesn't see on a regular basis at all. Poor Dr. Blevins happens to be one of these men. Brody has been crying every time he goes to the see him for a while now. He did do a little better yesterday. It's kinda funny in a way. He loves the nurses and will just smile and laugh at them and they are the ones who gives the shots. Anyway, I was really nervous about these shots. Even more than I had been any others. There is so much hype surrounding the MMR and what bad things it could cause. I had really been praying for a while for God to give me a peace about it and let me know what I should do. I decided to go ahead with the shots. He did really well. Of course he cried, but just for a minute. His little legs got a little red but not too bad. God really does answer prayers because even though I had worried about this for months now, as soon as we got there I was as calm as could be. Thank you Lord!!!
Brody fell asleep on the way home and slept a while. When he got up we took him outside to play. He was so excited. We hadn't let him go out for a couple of days because it was too cold. It really was a lot warmer yesterday. We had a great time playing ball, helping daddy put a gate up and of course playing with Daisy. I took some pictures with my phone but they are so blurry. I will take some more tonight and post them later.
Brody really is growing up. He is so cute and so much fun. He changes and does new things everyday. Just last week he said his first sentence, "Do it again" while we were outside playing baseball. And the other day he said the funniest thing. We were in the middle of Tractor Supply and Adam couldn't find what he wanted so he said something and we cracked up when Brody said "Dad Gummit" I couldn't help but laugh and think about Coach K a little bit!!

Sorry the pictures are so blurry!! I took them with my phone
Brody trying to ride Daisy
"Get over here Daisy"

Brody and Daddy playing ball in the garage

2 comments:

Tara said...

I am so glad that the visit went well! I just laughed at the percentages, that is great! I cant get my Connor to put on weight. Good for you that you can actually understand what he is saying. Connors speech is still a jumbled mess! Ha!

The Rue Family said...

I too am glad the visit went well! Gosh I can't hardly imagine Brody being so big I mean look how little Curt is! HAHA It is so fun finally understanding things they say, but the peace is over when they finally start talking and putting more and more sentences together...then they never stop. Gracie talks from the minute she gets up til she goes to sleep! Babies are just so darn cute!!