Friday, August 15, 2008

Never say never


Well ever since I can remember I have proudly proclaimed that I would NEVER drive a mini-van. I have had an Explorer now for about 3 years and I loved it until Brody was born. Then I had to ride in the back more and realized that it rode like a logging truck. I had my heart set on a new Tahoe but as you know with the gas prices being the way they are, that was out of the question. I had resigned myself to the fact that I would just drive the car I had until gas prices went down or I found something I liked better. There were many cars that I loved but I just couldn't see myself trading for a smaller car when I wanted more room. So we bit the bullet and have done the unthinkable. We got a van! ( go ahead, you can laugh) I love it though. It rides like a car and has so much room. It is a 2008 Nissan Quest. I guess the old saying is true, never say never.

I will be posting again sometime this weekend and include pictures of Brody. I know that I have been a slacker lately, but let me explain myself. We have grown a garden for the first time this year. I put up 49 quarts of green beans, 4 qts. of pickles,& 12 quarts of tomato juice. School has also started back this week so I have been so busy with that and when I do have a little time at night to post, I find myself glued to the tv to watch the Olympics, they are awesome. So I will try to do better now once I get back in some sort of routine!

Maranda

4 comments:

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Good for you girl! Jeremy says I have to get a van too when we end up getting a new vehicle. :) It just makes the most sense. Besides, they are super nice now!

Tara said...

Maranda, Dont be ashamed! I am getting one too as soon as we can afford it. The Nissan Quest is the one we are getting too! It is so cool!! We found a used 2007 model that we almost bought a few months back but they wouldnt work with us, so we didnt. It was the same color as the one pictured here. I am SO JEALOUS! Enjoy it!

The Rue Family said...

YAY Mini van mama!!! I knew you would do it!! Can't wait to see it! I'm still saying NO WAY, but we'll see how I feel when Emma gets here and I try to squeeze both girls and myself in the back.. HAHAHA Love ya!

Jones Family said...

I really like your van. I have had mine about four years and I love it. You will never go back to a small car again. Trust me when you got three kids and all of there friends you want whatever has the most room.....