Monday, September 22, 2008

Stomach Virus and Black eyes


Last week was crazy. Last Saturday we had our annual Pine Orchard Fair. This is one of the only community fairs left in the state of Tennessee. When I met Adam I started going every year. It is a time of good food, music and fellowship. Adam and I set up a booth this year for the first time. I took pictures for little souvenirs and Adam had pumpkins and gourds. We had a great time and we did pretty good too.

We rested all day on Sunday and Monday headed back to work. I called home during my planning period to check on Brody and Sandy told me that Anna had gotten sick. My heart sank. I hated that Anna got sick but I was also a little worried that Brody would get it. I decided to stay home and keep him away from Anna and Joseph on Tuesday. We had a really fun day and I thought we had escaped the "bug". I was wrong! Wednesday morning about 4 Adam and I woke up to hear Brody get sick. He was so pitiful. This was the first time he had ever thrown up before. Everytime before he got sick he would start crying and saying Mommy or Daddy in the most heart-wrenching voice I had ever heard. Adam was off that day so I decided to go on to work and get my stuff ready to be off for the rest of the week. I took Thursday off and Brody felt much better. We had another great day full of rest and play. Friday morning about 3 I woke up and noticed Adam wasn't in the bed. Then I heard him. He had the virus too. Joseph and Bobbie Lyn got sick on Wednesday, Paul got sick on Saturday and Sandy got sick Sunday. Harold and I are the only ones that have escaped the plague so far. I don't know if it is inevitable or if maybe from being around all the students all the time has helped me build up an immunity. (i hope)


Once Brody was over his sickness he was just like new. He loves to hop around all the time. He is a little on the clumsy side ( I don't know where he gets it- ha!). It's kinda an on-going joke with us. Brody falls so much that we are a little used to it now. Most of the time he gets up and just laughs at himself. Lately he has noticed more when he gets a boo-boo. Friday when I got to Sandy's to pick him up I noticed his eye right away. It looked awful and I just knew it was going to be black. Sandy was reading one of her home remedy books on how to treat bruises and it said to put preparation H on it to avoid swelling and minimize healing. We tried it and it worked really well. It still had a little bruising but nothing like we thought. I tried to get a good picture but Brody didn't really want to cooperate.

Maranda

2 comments:

Tara said...

Oh no! That is awful about the virus. I am glad that you escaped it. God knows he had better keep us mothers well or there would be no one to take care of the sick ones! Ha! That is funny about Brody falling down all of the time- Connor does the same thing!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Oh my goodness, I hate to hear that. That is my worst fear...I hate throwup! HA! Hopefully you will escape it completely. That is a great tip to prevent swelling I will have to remember that one, b/c Ki is the same way about falling down! Hope everyone is back to normal!