Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Big 5-0





Mom turned 50 on Sunday! I was going to have a big 50th celebration but decided to keep it simple and small. I cooked a big pot of beef stew, cornbread and an earthquake cake. I even got a few 50... over the hill decorations to surprise her. Adam, Brody and I got Nana (or as he says ANA) a new Rowenta iron. I bought myself one last year and absolutely loved it so much that I got Sandy (Adam's mom) one for her birthday and decided to do the same for mom. If you have never heard of one it is the BEST iron in the world. I threw my starch away when I bought it and haven't used any since.
Anyway I just wanted to say Happy Birthday to mom again and thank her for everything. Especially bringing me up in a Christian home and showing me how to be the best person I can be. Thanks mom and I love you!

Maranda

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

happy bday mrs. joetta!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

How sweet! Tell her happy birthday from me! I can't believe she is the big 50! Looks like you had fun!