Sunday, February 8, 2009

Harrison "H.R." Richard Boston




My wonderful Grandpa H.R. Boston passed away on Friday, February 6. He was 72 years old. He was the hardest working, kindest, and most honest person I have ever met. He made a lasting impression on my life and I am so blessed to have been able to call him Grandpa. Please pray for my grandmother, my daddy, my uncles Reece and Richard, and my Aunt Twylla as they struggle through this difficult time.


My grandparents lived in LaFollette. I didn't get to see them as much as I would have liked to but there are two occasions each year that I really looked forward to. One was Christmas. We all went to my Grandparents house and spent the night. Santa would come and we would open presents and then eat the best breakfast ever! The other occasion was summer vacation. My grandparents, Aunt Twylla and Uncle David and their family, Mom, Dad, Bryan, Curt and I would go to the beach, Daytona Beach every July and stay in the same place. We always had a blast and my brothers and I would have it planned out months in advance who would ride with Grandpa and Grandma and stay in their room when we got there. These vacations are the standard for which I will judge every family vacation that I go on for the rest of my life.


My grandpa was a wonderful man, father, grandfather and great-grandfather and he lived a life that I know was pleasing to God. He always had a smile on his face. He loved his family,especially my Grandma. He also loved listening to Hank Williams and Bluegrass music. Thank you so much for being my grandpa! We will all miss you very much, but we know that you have a perfect body now that doesn't have to work so hard!!

Maranda

3 comments:

The Rue Family said...

Oh my gosh Maranda, I had no idea. I am so sorry. I would call you, but I am sure you are trying to get Brody down for the night and we are doing the same to our 2. Just got on to check email. Call me tomorrow if you get a chance. What are the arrangements? Let us know. Love ya!

Brooke Barton said...

Maranda, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I was just about to send you a comment asking why you haven't came to see the baby until I saw your blog. I hate to hear that. If you need anything just pick up the phone. Your family is in my prayers.

The Smith's said...

You and your family will be in our prayers. May God give you strength and comfort during this difficult time.