Monday, November 26, 2007

Brody's Firsts





Wow what a week. I didn't have to work Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday but boy did a lot happen. First, on Tuesday when I picked Brody up from Gramma's house we went to get his first haircut. Well for those of you who are mad at me just keep in mind that I am married to a barber. I was ready for this moment, or at least I thought I was. But the closer it got the more knots I had in my stomach. Would this change the way he looked? Well it did but I love the outcome. He did so good, all he needed was a sucker, which was also a first, and he didn't even notice the clippers.
Brody and I took Nana to the grocery store on Wednesday. I knew I should have gone earlier but it seems like time always gets away from me. After the shopping, Brody and I needed a nap. Thank goodness we got one. Later that night I had to make a few things for Turkey Day. On Thursday morning we got up and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade, fixed a few casseroles and got ready to go to Aunt Evelyn's house. Mom's whole family was there. It was nice to see everyone and plan for Friday. We decided to meet Friday morning at 5:15a.m. (am I crazy or what)
Later on Thanksgiving evening we went to Adam's grandparents' house and had a nice visit. Sandy and I finally talked Bobbie Lyn into going shopping with us this year so I told them about the plan and we all went home and got in the bed early. Friday morning I got up at 4 a.m. and Sandy and Bobbie Lyn met at our house at 5. We met up with everyone else at 5:15 at McDonald's. We had a great time. Brody stayed with Adam, I have a wonderful husband.
On Saturday, I put up the tree while Brody took a nap. I set the camera up to catch Brody's reaction when he first saw it . It was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. He looked at the tree, at us, back at the tree and pointed. Then he went over and of course grabbed an ornament off first thing. I didn't mind though. We got some pictures and laughed at Brody. I know this Christmas is going to be so Special for us. I just know it will go too quickly.

6 comments:

Amanda and Avary said...

He looks so cute with his hair cut. He looks like a little man.

Anonymous said...

he looks older!!! (all of maybe 1 or so) :) he is sooo cute ...i love the drool!

Casey said...

He looks so handsome with his new haircut! It looks like he enjoyed getting pampered.

The Rue Family said...

He is the cutest! Gracie talks about him daily now!! We gotta get them together SOON!! She loves to play "mommy". We could take tons and tons of pictures.

And thanks again for the beautiful pictures you took (and Heather) for us! I look at them every day! Love ya girlie!!

Darby said...

Brody is PRECIOUS!! I would love to see him in person. What is your e-mail so I can contact you about the position in Rockwood. Thanks a million for you looking out for me!

Heather Robinette said...

I can't believe he is old enough for his first haircut! He is so cute! Peyton talks about some of the things you say about him in class, he loves babies!