Monday, November 5, 2007

A Good Weekend

Let me tell you about our weekend. On Friday nights we always go to my mother-in-law's for a family dinner. This has been a tradition since before Adam and I got married. Now that the kids are all here it is so much fun. Anna and Joseph are 15 months old and are doing so much. Brody watches everything they do and tries to keep up. It is so cute. Sandy fixed a big spread of Biscuits and Gravy with Pork Chops, Bobbie Lyn brought a hashbrown casserole and we finished off dinner with a awesome honey bun cake. Saturday morning Brody and I slept in a little until about 8:30 or so, we got up and did some laundry (he loves to help) and off we went to see Nana Jo. It is so funny watching my parents with my child. Sometimes I sit back and wonder who these people are. Mom and Dad always fight to see who gets Brody first. Dad has been winning lately since mom can't move as fast. After a nice visit with Nana, Poppa, and Uncle Bryan, we met Adam at home and took a short trip to Crossville. Brody fell asleep on the way back home so he and I went to lay down while Adam decided to get the new four wheeler out. He called me a few minutes later to tell me he had just killed a 7-point Buck. He was so excited. I bundled Brody up and we went outside to see what all the fuss was about. I am not really a fan of hunting or anything but it was a pretty big deer. Brody was so funny. He even grabbed the horns. Sunday morning (after an extra hour of sleep) we got up and got ready to go to church. Our church doesn't have a nursery or anything so Brody is with us. He loves the singing but when it came time for prayer he decided it was just too quite. Needless to say I had to take him out to calm down. He fell asleep on the way home and slept for 2 hours. He must have been really tired!
Adam and I fixed dinner and got to eat a Hot meal together it was nice. We later went to Wal-mart to get a few things and then went by to visit Nana and Poppa again. This was a good weekend.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

so glad you had a great weekend! i love your traditions for friday nights... i hope one day to be close again so i can do that with my family too :)

The Rue Family said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend! We didn't stop all weekend. Sorry no phone call - not on purpose. I left my nextel @ work and of course I forgot to get ur number out of it. I have it now!! You want to try and do supper one evening this week - me, you and the kids? Let me know... I love ya!

Jeremy and Lacy said...

Hey Girl~ I am so glad that you have a blog now too! Looks like you are doing wonderful! I love your little one...so precious! I just don't think there is anything more rewarding than being a wife and mother!! God is so good! Looking forward to more pictures. I will add your link to my blog!

Denira Baird Williams said...

Welcome to the blogging world. Watch out..it's an addiction!!!