Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Using a lot of Sick days

Well the bugs have definitely hit our family over the past few weeks. It started with me on Feb. 21. Thank the Lord Dr. McGriff had called school off on Monday the 22nd. I went to the Dr and he said I had a sinus infection and probably a touch of the flu. I felt awful. He gave me an antibiotic and I started feeling better in a few days. I had to take Tuesday off because I still didn't feel like working. I went back to work on Wednesday and worked the rest of the week. The next week on Wednesday I woke up with a horrible migraine. So I stayed home again, I had already had a doctor's appointment scheduled for Thursday so I stayed home that day too.Thank goodness I was already off b/c I noticed Brody's eye was a little red and runny. I took him to the doctor and he had conjunctivitis (pink eye). They gave me some drops to use so I went to work Friday and once again school was called off on Monday for illness. I had to end up taking Brody back to the Dr Monday because his eye was no better and in fact it had spread to the other eye. I also noticed he had a runny nose. Well the doctor confirmed what I had expected. He had an ear infection, or should I say a double ear infection. He didn't act like it bothered him too much though and I am so glad that I went ahead and took him back.
Dr. Blevins told me something I didn't know, he said that the same bacteria that caused pink eye also caused ear infections. I had no idea. So I stayed home yesterday to keep him away from Anna and Joseph.
Man I am glad that I didn't have to use all my sick days when I took maternity leave! Well I think we are on the down hill slope hopefully the antibiotic will knock the infection out in a day or two. Keep Brody in your prayers!!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Our poor babies... I hate it when they are sick. Connor has had all of the above and you would think that I was killing him while trying to administer the drops in the eyes!

Lindsey said...

aww hope you guys feel better! spring will be here soon and hopefully no more sickness for anyone :)

The Rue Family said...

Bless all your hearts. I hate that you have been so sickly and Brody, but I'm glad that you called me Tuesday!! Love you guys!!