Monday, March 31, 2008

E-I-E-I-O





Adam came home today with 36 baby chicks for Brody. He loves to farm and has always liked dealing with chickens. I, on the other hand, grew up "in town" where chicken farming was something we didn't do. I have to admit there is nothing as sweet as a baby chick, until it makes a mess, that is.
I don't think that Brody gave us quite the reaction we were expecting. He loves animals too and has never been scared of any one of them, not even the cows. We just knew he would love the chickens. Well he did for a few minutes and then he was more interested in squeezing them and throwing them than looking at them or being at all gentle. Adam suggested that we sacrifice one of them for Brody to "play with" and keep the rest safe. I didn't like that idea. I had to snap some pics.Some of them are priceless. I hope you enjoy!!

2 comments:

The Rue Family said...

Brody is cute with the chicks! In the first pic it looks like he is going to be gentle with them, then in the last pic it looks like he is squeezing his head off! haha He is tooo funny!

Tara said...

Hopefully there wont be any fatalities! They are so cute, the chicks and Brody!