Sunday, June 15, 2008

Can you say Spur of the Moment




Well just when I thought I had Adam all figured out he actually surprised me big time. We had been planning a short vacation for the summer to Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. I have never been and Adam said no Beach trip so I had decided that it would be fun and just a short little trip and not a bad drive. On Tuesday evening Sandy came in and said that Harold was ready to take the rest of the week off. So we thought we may go ahead and go to Biltmore. Paul and Bobbie Lyn had taken the kids to the beach in Gulf Shores AL. Harold said he would go with us to Biltmore and then head down to visit with them. Well by 11:00 that night we had reservations for 2 nights in Panama City Beach. I was so easily talked into this. I am a huge beach person and I have really been bugging Adam to take me but he didn't really want to go. I guess his daddy has a lot of influence (thanks Harold). We had a great time. The only thing that I would have changed was the amount of time. I mean I was just getting used to the beach and we had to go home. My parents always took us to the beach growing up. There were very few summers we didn't look forward to a week long trip to Daytona Beach. My Dad used to always say that you needed to leave the beach before you were tired of if so you would want to go back. Needless to say we left this time before I was ready.

Brody has not been much of a water boy like I thought he would be. I am determined not to give up!! He really liked the beach. He didn't really know about the ocean at first. We just kinda made him stick it out. In just a few minutes he really started liking it. We just had to take a soccer ball with us and that was the trick. He even licked the soccer ball with saltwater all over it. I, of course took lots of pictures so I thought I would share a few of my favorites with you. I am really looking forward to our next family vacation!!!



Maranda

2 comments:

Tara said...

Glad you all had a good time! That is awesome! Dont give up on the water, I am not either. I am determined that Connor will like it eventually!

Casey said...

That is so fun, I'm glad you got to go!! I too love going to the beach on vaction! I love the BW of Brody in the sand...too cute!!