Friday, January 11, 2008

Birthday Weekend

Well I can't believe it but Brody's Birthday is tomorrow!! As much as I have tried to wish it away the time is drawing near. Brody Clark Summers entered this world one year ago. That was a day that changed me forever. The day started very early. I had to get up at 4:00 to call the Hospital to make sure they had a room ready for my induction. They did so I got ready, got Adam up and off we went to Parkwest. We had to be there at 6:00 a.m. At about 7 I got my IV, and started pitocin. This was not fun. I made it until about 10:30 a.m. before I received my epidural. Relief! The day went on without a hitch until about 3:00. They checked me and said that I was ready to start pushing. Talk about nerves!!! Well I started pushing and pushing. Then they told me to take a break until Dr. Cottam could get there. I thought that Brody was just about to arrive. But boy was I wrong. I started pushing again a little after 4:00. I pushed for nearly 2 hours, they even tried the vacuum device ( big mistake) He was stuck!! They rushed me into the OR and Performed an emergency C-section. I cried all the way there . I didn't want to have major surgery but I knew that's what had to be done. Adam was so good. He just comforted me and said that this was how it was supposed to be. Brody was born just 12 minutes later. He was blue and didn't cry or move much. I was so scared. Everybody was reassuring me that it would be Okay. I got so upset that I got sick. Then Brody started to really wail. I was so glad to hear that little cry. They brought him to me and I got to see my little baby. I will never forget that moment. He looked right into my eyes and stopped crying.
They then took him to the nursery to warm him up. There were so many people waiting to see him and they all could through the window. Later when he was warm, they let Adam bring him to me. It was one of the sweetest things I have ever seen, my husband bringing our child to me.
This experience is still pretty fresh in my mind. I just cannot grasp the thought that it has been 365 days. I have enjoyed nearly everyday of the last year. I have found the reason that I was put upon this Earth. To be a mommy to this little guy and try to teach him about Christ.
This weekend will be crazy. Saturday morning Sandy and I will be making and decorating cakes, with Brody's help I'm sure. That afternoon Adam and I are planning to take Brody to get his present from us and maybe his first happy meal. Saturday night will be busy decorating for the party. Sunday morning is church and then party at 2. I am looking so forward to seeing Brody celebrate the BIG 1 and all the other milestones that this year holds. I am just wondering if all the years will pass as quickly as this one or if they will even get faster.
Well wish me luck and say a little prayer that I can get everything done so everyone has a wonderful time. I will post pictures next week!!!
By the way, Happy Birthday Nikki. I will always be able to remember yours now.

1 comments:

Wadsworth Family- said...

Yeah! Time sure goes by fast. We have to get Brody and Lake together next time I come in for a play date. Amanda