Monday, May 19, 2008

Update

Yesterday the gastrointestinal (sp?) doctor came in and told my friends that there was no hope for their little girl. But he doesn't know My Lord apparently. There were two more doctors who came in after that and tried to calm their fears. They told them that Emma Kate would have a long road ahead but that she would get better. After countless prayers and tears another doctor came in this morning to tell them some better news. Apparently the infection was no longer in her esophagus, only in her colon. And that she would probably go home by Wednesday.
There is a song that some women used to sing at my church. The chorus goes " There is Hope, There is Hope, my Jesus still whispers there is hope....." I am a firm believer in the healing power of my Savior and the impact that prayer has on these situations. Keep on Praying that her little body can fight off the remainder of the infection so she can enjoy the rest of her life. She has so much to look forward to, especially her little sister due the end of June. Thank you to all of you for your prayers. They have made a difference in this family's life.

1 comments:

Tara said...

Oh, that is wonderful and encouraging news! I will continue to pray for Gods healing powers!