Monday, May 26, 2008

Summertime

Okay as most of you know that read our blog, I am a teacher. I love summer. There were several reasons that I wanted to be a teacher. I have always loved kids. They are remarkable. The way they can learn something new. It is the greatest thrill of my job to actually witness a child "get" something for the first time. I knew the pay would be dismal at best, the "thank-you's" few and far between, and any other credit that I deserve would be given in the form of a day without a parent phone call. All of that aside, I love my job. I guess that is reward enough. I know there are a lot of you reading this that can't say that. I know that God has given me a great job at a wonderful school with awesome co-workers.
Of course my job lends itself well to my #1 position, a mommy. I have summers off, weekends off, most evenings off, and not to mention a week in the fall,spring and two weeks at Christmas. I have always loved the summer. Since I was in school I would count down the days starting at about March 1st. I remember the teachers would say that they were looking forward to summer more than I was. This was very hard for me to believe. Now, of course, I know they were telling the truth! Well guys Summer is here. This week is full of end of the year meetings, cleanings and check-outs. Other than that, we are finished. The end of this week holds a few in-service days and I will officially begin my weeks off with my child. I can honestly say that this summer has been highly anticipated. I have been looking forward to this since August 6, 2007, when I had to go back to work. I was able to take off from January until then after Brody was born. This is the first summer of hopefully many when Brody and I will get to sleep in, go swimming, go shopping, or just do whatever we want. I hope you all enjoy your summer too!!

Side note: Emma Kate is doing great. I saw her Saturday. She looked a little weak but I think that is to be expected. Just keep her family in your prayers. Also, keep Brody in your prayers he is sick again (the down side of summer- allergies)

1 comments:

Amanda and Avary said...

This summer is going to be great. I can't wait to get the kids together.